cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ryan King <>
Subject Re: CQL, 0.8, and need for language drivers
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2011 18:09:34 GMT
On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 7:16 PM, Jeremy Hanna
<> wrote:
> As some may have heard, CQL is going to be in 0.8.  It's a level of abstraction that
will hopefully make the lives of client developers substantially easier.  The ideal is to
make it so client devs only need to do work to make a client idiomatic to a language or even
a framework within a language.  Work has already been done to add a Java driver (even a JDBC
driver), a Python driver (even a dbapi driver and Python Twisted driver), and work is under
way to add a PHP driver and a node.js driver
> Cassandra 0.8 is part of a shorter release cycle and will include CQL.  It will be going
to its first beta shortly.
> If you would like to help get support into 0.8 with a driver for your favorite language,
take a look at the examples already in the source tree and dig in.  Use the
mailing list (see the bottom of for mailing list details) and
Jira for any communication.  Each driver needs its own Jira ticket.
> See:
> - CQL umbrella ticket
> - python dbapi ticket
> - node.js
> The rest of the drivers are either in the source tree under:
> or are still being talked about on the mailing list.
> Thanks to Eric Evans and Gary Dusbabek and others for all their hard work!

We currently don't have a ton of time to work on the fauna cassandra
client [] but if someone else would like to
take this on I'd be happy to review and merge it.

View raw message