cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: consistency ONE and "null"
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 06:35:06 GMT
as I understand, the read repair is a background task triggered by the read
request, but once the consistency requirement has been met you will be given
a response.

the coordinator at CL.ONE is allowed to return your responce once it has one
response (empty or not) from any replica. if the first response is empty,
you get null

- Stephen

---
screen
On 7 Apr 2011 00:10, "Jonathan Colby" <jonathan.colby@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let's say you have RF of 3 and a write was written to 2 nodes. 1 was not
written because the node had a network hiccup (but came back online again).

> My question is, if you are reading a key with a CL of ONE, and you happen
to land on that node that didn't get the write, will the read fail
immediately?

> Or, would read repair check the other replicas and fetch the correct data
from the other node(s)?

> Secondly, is read repair done according to the consistency level, or is
read repair an independent configuration setting that can be turned on/off.

> There was a recent thread about a different variation of my question, but
went into very technical details, so I didn't want to hijack that thread.