cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: Heads up: restarting a node with autobootstrap=true after nodetool move will re-bootstrap the node in 0.7.0-0.7.4
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2011 11:56:38 GMT
> What is de-seeding and why would it cause this problem? Relation of seeding
> and auto_bootstrap always confuses me. If and when you have time can you
> please explain it to me.

I was ad-hoc inventing the term 'de-seeding' to mean reconfiguring all
others nodes to not use the node as a seed. And no, it was unrelated
to the problem as I also stated in the ticket was probably the case, I
just wanted to mention it for completeness in the JIRA ticket just in
case there was some interaction there (not having found the bug). It
had nothing to do with the bug.

(I mentioned earlier in the ticket about seed nodes not
re-bootstrapping, but that's because seeds are special-cased in the
start-up process to never initiate bootstrapping and is also unrelated
really to the bug.)

--
/ Peter Schuller