cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Flush / Snapshot Triggering Full GCs, Leaving Ring
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2011 10:49:48 GMT

On Apr 7, 2011, at 23:43 , Jonathan Ellis wrote:

> The history is that, way back in the early days, we used to max it out
> the other way (MTT=128) but observed behavior is that objects that
> survive 1 new gen collection are very likely to survive "forever."

Just a quick note: my own tests seem to indicate likewise - I've been running one machine
in our cluster with MTT=8 for some time now, and I'm not seeing any real difference between
MTT=1 and MTT=8, except for a (very) slight increase in CPU usage, consistent with the increased
copying. We have a read-heavy cluster that uses RowCaches a lot, so YMMV.

/Janne