cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Colby <jonathan.co...@gmail.com>
Subject repair never completes with "finished successfully"
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 11:31:39 GMT
There are a few other threads related to problems with the nodetool repair in 0.7.4.  However
I'm not seeing any errors, just never getting a message that the repair completed successfully.

In my production and test cluster (with just a few MB data)  the repair nodetool prompt never
returns and the last entry in the cassandra.log is always something like:

#<TreeRequest manual-repair-f739ca7a-bef8-4683-b249-09105f6719d9, /10.46.108.102, (DFS,main)>
completed successfully: 1 outstanding

But I don't see a message, even hours later, that the 1 outstanding request "finished successfully".

Anyone else experience this?  These are physical server nodes in local data centers and not
EC2