cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Embedding Cassandra in Java code w/o using ports
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 12:29:29 GMT
I'm interested to know more about the problems using the CLI.

Aaron.

On 2 Apr 2011, at 15:07, Bob Futrelle wrote:

> Connecting via CLI to local host with a port number has never been successful for me
in Snow Leopard.  No amount of reading suggestions and varying the approach has worked.  So
I'm going to talk to Cassandra via its API, from Java.

> But I noticed that in some code samples that call the API from Java, ports are also in
play.  In using Derby in Java I've never had to designate any ports.  Is such a  strategy
available with Cassandra?