cassandra-user mailing list archives

From ้ญ้‡‘ไป™ <sei_...@126.com>
Subject question about performance of Cassandra 0.7.4 under a read-heavy workload.
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:35:58 GMT
I just deployed cassandra 0.7.4 as a 6-server cluster and tested its performance via YCSB.
The result seems confusing when compared to that of Cassandra0.6.6. Under a write heavy workload(i.e.,
write/read: 50%/50%), Cassandra0.7.4 obtains a really satisfactory latency. I mean both the
read latency and write latency is much lower than those of Cassandra0.6.6.
However, under a read heavy workload(i.e., write/read:5%/95%), Cassandra0.7.4 performs far
worse than Cassandra0.6.6 does.

Did I miss something?