cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Dropping a built in secondary index on a CF
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 09:32:29 GMT
I can confirm thats the way the code works when processing the CF update. Everything is tidied
up.

On 28 Apr 2011, at 18:50, Roshan Dawrani wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 9:56 AM, Xaero S <xaeros.s1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You just need to use the update column family command on the cassandra-cli and specify
the columns and their metadata. To get the metadata of the columns in the CF, you can do describe
keyspace <keyspacename>. Keep in mind that, in your update CF command, the other columns
that must continue to have the secondary index must be specified, otherwise, your data goes
bad.

> Thank you.
>
> Request the community to correct me if i am wrong.
>
> I will just wait for a little confirmation if someone has tried it.
>
> For these built-in secondary indexes, another Column Family is created behind the scenes,
isn't it? Will that be automatically dropped when I update the column meta data to drop an
index and keep others?