cassandra-user mailing list archives

From sam_ <amin_shar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Starting the Cassandra server from Java (without command line)
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2011 08:28:06 GMT
@Naren Thanks for the reply.
I noticed that EmbeddedCassandraService is now part of the Cassandra
distribution. The source code is changed compared to what Ran had posted at
http://prettyprint.me/2010/02/14/running-cassandra-as-an-embedded-service/

I tried to use EmbeddedCassandraService with this code:

@BeforeClass
public static void startServer() {
        // C:\cassandra is where cassandra is installed
    	System.setProperty("storage-config", "C:\\cassandra\\conf\\");

    	cassandra = new EmbeddedCassandraService();
        cassandra.start();
}

But I got the following error:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at
org.apache.cassandra.service.EmbeddedCassandraService.start(EmbeddedCassandraService.java:58)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't figure out log4j
configuration.
	at
org.apache.cassandra.service.AbstractCassandraDaemon.<clinit>(AbstractCassandraDaemon.java:74)

I guess I am not setting the right properties?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam