cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Héctor Izquierdo Seliva <izquie...@strands.com>
Subject RE: batch_mutate failed: out of sequence response
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 13:43:21 GMT
El mar, 05-04-2011 a las 09:35 -0400, Dan Hendry escribió:
> I too have seen the out of sequence response problem. My solution has just been to retry
and it seems to work. None of my mutations are THAT large (< 200 columns).

(http://markmail.org/message/xc3tskhhvsf5awz7). What OS are you running?

> Dan

Hi Dan. I'm running on Debian stable and cassandra 0.7.4. I have rows
with up to 1000 columns. I have changed the way I was doing the batch
mutates to never be bigger than 100 columns at a time. I hope this will
work, otherwise the move is going to take too long.

The problem is aggravated by Pelops not retrying automatically and
instead raising a RuntimeException.

I'll try to add a retry if this doesn't work.

Thanks for your response!

Héctor