cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <>
Subject Re: cant seem to figure out secondary index definition
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 18:15:34 GMT
On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Roland Gude <> wrote:
> Hi again,
> I am still suffering from this error (which severely limits testability for me right
now). Doesn't anybody have an idea, why IndexSliceQueries work if the index is created with
cassandra-cli and why it does not if the index is created with cassandra.yaml?

the yaml import is only intended for upgrading from 0.6, which didn't
have indexes.  i wouldn't be surprised if indexes doesn't work there.

> Is there some way to find out, which indexes exist for which columns in a given cluster?

describe keyspace in the cli

Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra