cassandra-user mailing list archives

From A J <s5a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storing photos, images, docs etc.
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 20:56:19 GMT
Depends on the specs of your large files.
If the files are less than 64MB, there will be no splitting.
Cassandra(actually thrift) has no streaming abilities. But if your
objects are small (in a few MBs) they would fit in memory easily.

I will have lot of binaries less than few MBs in size. I am actively
looking at cassandra for it. The ability to have a master-master
write, where you can distribute writes pretty much evenly across all
nodes, makes Cassandra good enough to consider for binaries of smaller
sizes (according to me).