cassandra-user mailing list archives

From A J <s5a...@gmail.com>
Subject nodetool repair takes forever
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 03:33:57 GMT
I am trying to estimate the time it will take to rebuild a node. After
all its datafiles for a given keyspace (Keyspace1)
I then restarted the node and got i back in the ring. At this point, I
wish to run nodetool repair (bin/nodetool -h 127.0.0.1 repair
Keyspace1) and estimate the time the time to rebuild from the time it
takes to repair.

For some reason, the repair command runs forever. I just have 3G of
data per node but still the repair is running for more than an hour !
Can someone tell if it is normal or I am doing something wrong.

Thanks.