cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Turner <>
Subject Re: RTG/MRTG/Cricket replacement using Cassandra?
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 23:53:39 GMT
On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Ryan King <> wrote:
> We have a solution for time series data on cassandra at Twitter that
> we'd like to open source, but it requires 0.8/trunk so we're not going
> to release it until that's stable.
> See

Yeah, having high performance hierarchical aggregation would be
awesome for this kind of application.  I hate to re-invent the wheel,
but it's not something I can really wait a long time either.   I was
planning on just manually inserting the same value into multiple rows
rather then trying to build the aggregates off 5min data for
weekly/monthly/yearly at query time.

Other then:

any other good references for storing time series data?

On a side note: looks like the Perl API isn't being maintained well...
how's the ruby API overall?  stable?  performance?

Aaron Turner         Twitter: @synfinatic - Pcap editing and replay tools for Unix & Windows
    -- Benjamin Franklin