cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Tyler Hobbs <>
Subject Re: pycassa refresh server_list
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:38:43 GMT
ConnectionPool has a set_server_list() method that you can use to update the
list of servers.  (It appears this method did not make it into the docs;
I'll make sure it gets in there.)  Pycassa doesn't make any attempt to
update the server list automatically right now.

By the way, there is a pycassa specific ML at

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 12:10 PM, A J <> wrote:

> In the pycassa.pool.ConnectionPool class, I can specify all the nodes
> in server_list parameter.
> But overtime, when nodes get decomissioned and new nodes with new IPs
> get added, how can the server_list parameter be refereshed ?
> Do I have to modify it manually, or is there a way to update the list
> automatically ?

Tyler Hobbs
Software Engineer, DataStax <>
Maintainer of the pycassa <> Cassandra