cassandra-user mailing list archives

From David McNelis <dmcne...@agentisenergy.com>
Subject Issues connecting from outside of localhost
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 14:49:05 GMT
Morning folks,

I'm not sure if this is an issue with my setup of Cassandra, or with
phpCassa....there is an open question on StackOverflow that is very similar
to what I am experiencing (1).   In short, I can connect using PHP from the
same machine that Cassandra is running on.  I can connect with cassandra cli
from both the "Cassandra" box and from externally.  However, when I try to
connect using PHP (specifically phpcassa) from an external machine, I get
hit with a Timeout error.

Both machines are running PHP 5.3 on CentOS 5.

In my cassandra.yaml file I tried changing my listen_address to my server's
IP address instead of 127.0.0.1 and that caused me not to be able to connect
in general.  My rpc_address is 0.0.0.0.

Has anyone else experienced this or have an inclination where I'm going
wrong?

Thanks,

--
*David McNelis*
Lead Software Engineer

*A Smart Grid technology company focused on helping consumers of energy
control an often under-managed resource.*