cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aditya Narayan <ady...@gmail.com>
Subject Does the memtable replace the old version of column with the new overwriting version or is it just a simple append ?
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 06:44:49 GMT
Do the overwrites of newly written columns(that are present in
memtable) *replace the old column* or is it just a simple append.

I am trying to understand that if I update these column very very
frequently(while they are in memtable), does the read performance of
these columns gets affected, since Cassandra will have to read so many
versions of the same column. If this is just replacement with old
column then I guess read will be much better since it needs to see
just single existing version of column.

Thanks
Aditya Narayan