cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: dropping keyspace in cassandra
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 20:23:46 GMT
What exactly was the folder that was left in place? Dropping a keyspace does not physically
delete the data immediately.

Aaron

On 3/03/2011, at 1:01 AM, Sagar Kohli <sagar.kohli@impetus.co.in> wrote:

> Hi ,
>

> I am using Cassandra .70, I have dropped a sample keyspace using command “drop keyspace
<sample>”

> Command executed successfully but when I checked key space folder still exists there,
>
> Is there any other process to delete data from file system or Cassandra does it automatically??
>

> Thanks in advance J
>
> ~sagar
>

> Impetus to Present Big Data -- Analytics Solutions and Strategies at TDWI World Conference
(Feb 13-18) in Las Vegas.We are also bringing cloud experts together at CloudCamp, Delhi on
Feb 12. CloudCamp is an unconference where early adopters of Cloud Computing technologies
exchange ideas.

> Click http://www.impetus.com to know more.

interception or interference.