cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Sagar Kohli <sagar.ko...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: dropping keyspace in cassandra
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 06:13:36 GMT
Thanks aaron,

I also restarted Cassandra instance , but data is still there.., is there any mechanism to
claim storage?? if so can you please give some pointer on that.

`sagar

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Partogi [mailto:joshua.java@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2011 4:45 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: dropping keyspace in cassandra

Hi Aaron,

Does that mean the data will be deleted eventually? Does this also
depends on the compaction configuration?

Thanks.

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 7:23 AM, Aaron Morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> What exactly was the folder that was left in place? Dropping a keyspace does
> not physically delete the data immediately.
>
> Aaron
> On 3/03/2011, at 1:01 AM, Sagar Kohli <sagar.kohli@impetus.co.in> wrote:
>

> Hi ,
>

> I am using Cassandra .70, I have dropped a sample keyspace using command
> "drop keyspace <sample>"
>
> Command executed successfully but when I checked key space folder still
> exists there,
>
> Is there any other process to delete data from file system or Cassandra does
> it automatically??
>

> Thanks in advance J
>
> ~sagar
>
> ________________________________
> Impetus to Present Big Data -- Analytics Solutions and Strategies at TDWI
> World Conference (Feb 13-18) in Las Vegas.We are also bringing cloud experts
> together at CloudCamp, Delhi on Feb 12. CloudCamp is an unconference where
> early adopters of Cloud Computing technologies exchange ideas.
>
> Click http://www.impetus.com to know more.

http://twitter.com/jpartogi

Are you exploring a Big Data Strategy ? Listen to this recorded webinar on Planning your Hadoop/
NoSQL projects for 2011 at www.impetus.com/featured_webinar?eventid=37

Follow us on www.twitter.com/impetuscalling or visit www.impetus.com to know more.

or interference.