cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Tong Zhu <Tong....@rms.com>
Subject RE: cassandra as session store
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 18:16:36 GMT
If it is a really session data, which will be active for a short time, a few hours, and it
is OK to lose them, memcached is a better solution. I were using it when I was in Yahoo.

Tong

-----Original Message-----
From: buddhasystem [mailto:potekhin@bnl.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 9:57 AM
To: cassandra-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: cassandra as session store

For completeness:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3746685/running-django-site-in-multiserver-environment-how-to-handle-sessions
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/http/sessions/#using-cached-sessions

I guess your approach does make sense, one only wishes that the servlet in
question did more work for you. If I read correctly, Django can cache
sessions transparently in memcached. So memcached mecomes your Session
Management System. Is it better or worse than Cassandra? My feeling is that
it's probably faster and easier to set up.