cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: memory consuption
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 20:00:40 GMT
What are you using for disk_access_mode ?
Have you tried reducing the JVM head size?
Have you added the Jna.jar file to lib/ ? This will allow Cassandra to lock the JVM memory.

Aaron

On 17/02/2011, at 9:20 PM, ruslan usifov <ruslan.usifov@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/2/16 Aaron Morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com>
> JVM heap memory is controlled by the settings in conf/Cassandra-env.sh
>
> Memory mapped files will use additional virtual memory, is controlled in conf/Cassandra.yaml
disk_access_mode

> And??? JVM memory heap in cassandra 0.7 is by default half of memory is system in my
case 4GB, here is a part of cassandra-env.sh:

> calculate_heap_size()
> {
>     case "`uname`" in
>         Linux)
>             system_memory_in_mb=`free -m | awk '/Mem:/ {print $2}'`
>             MAX_HEAP_SIZE=$((system_memory_in_mb / 2))M
>             return 0
>         ;;
>         FreeBSD)
>             system_memory_in_bytes=`sysctl hw.physmem | awk '{print $2}'`
>             MAX_HEAP_SIZE=$((system_memory_in_bytes / 1024 / 1024 / 2))M
>             return 0
>         ;;
>         *)
>             MAX_HEAP_SIZE=1024M
>             return 1
>         ;;
>     esac
> }
>

> I set all this options by default. All my nodes have 8GB of memory. And i affraid that
after some time all my nodes goes to hard swap, and only reboot help them :-(((