cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Serdar Irmak <sir...@protel.com.tr>
Subject consistency question
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 08:59:30 GMT
Hi,

In a 3 node named (named A,B,C) setup with replication factor 3 and quorum read/write scenario;
suppose a new value of data X is written to A and B but not C with any reason, then A wend
down and I fired D with the data of C or with an empty data where in a case is X is not present
in D.
Then when I read quorum, nodes C and D responded and gave me the old value (then read repair
in background). So doesn't it mean there is no constistency with quorum, too ?

My best
Serdar

- Bu e-posta mesaji kisiye özel olup, gizli bilgiler içeriyor olabilir. Eger bu e-posta mesaji
size yanlislikla ulasmissa, e-posta mesajini kullaniciya hemen geri gönderiniz ve mesaj kutunuzdan
siliniz. Bu e-posta mesaji, hiç bir sekilde, herhangi bir amaç için çogaltilamaz, yayinlanamaz
ve para karsiligi satilamaz. Yollayici, bu e-posta mesajinin - virüs koruma sistemleri ile
kontrol ediliyor olsa bile - virüs içermedigini garanti etmez ve meydana gelebilecek zararlardan
dogacak hiçbir sorumlulugu kabul etmez.
- The information contained in this message is confidential, intended solely for the use of
the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be protected by professional secrecy.
You should not copy, disclose or distribute this information for any purpose. If you are not
the intended recipient of this message or you receive this mail in error, you should refrain
from making any use of the contents and from opening any attachment. In that case, please
notify the sender immediately and return the message to the sender, then, delete and destroy
all copies. This e-mail message has been swept by anti-virus systems for the presence of computer
viruses. In doing so, however, we cannot warrant that virus or other forms of data corruption
may not be present and we do not take any responsibility in any occurrence.