cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Roshan Dawrani <>
Subject Re: Is it possible to get list of row keys?
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 02:04:29 GMT
On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 6:54 AM, Joshua Partogi <>wrote:

> I am sorry for not making it clear in my original
> post that what I am looking for is the list of keys in the database
> assuming that the client application does not know the keys. From what
> I understand, RangeSliceQuery requires you to pass the startKey, which
> means the client application have to know beforehand the key that will
> be used as startkey.

I think it was quite clear anyway that your client app does not know any
specific keys, and you don't have to pass an existing key as the start / end

You can pass start and end keys as empty values with setRowCount() left to
default of 100 or another specific value that u want. After that first
batch, you have to pick-up the last key of the batch and make that as the
start key of the next batch query, and keep moving along like that (as
described previously in this thread)

Twitter: @roshandawrani <>
Skype: roshandawrani

View raw message