cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <>
Subject Best Approaches for Developer Integration
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 06:28:12 GMT

Lets suppose you are using Cassandra happily in production, but you
have an army of coders, with varying levels of knowledge about

Currently we have hid most of our developers from the Cassandra
dependency by using a Fake interface that returns fake data from it,
but this is turning out to be less than ideal.

For example, for CouchDB has CouchDBX <>
which at least on OSX present a very easy to use installer, data
browser, and GUI.  You just run, and then your
application can build out the rest of your data as needed for

So, I guess this is coming down to:
  1) Has anyone built any easy to install packages of Cassandra?

  2) Can anyone explain their experience with getting non-Cassandra
developers up and running in a development environment? What worked?
What was hard?

View raw message