cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Coli <rc...@digg.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra memory consumption
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 19:16:57 GMT
On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 7:12 AM, Victor Kabdebon
<victor.kabdebon@gmail.com> wrote:
> Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I think the overhead you can
> expect is something like :

MemTableThroughtPutInMB * <JavaOverheadFudgeFactor> * <maximum likely
number of such memtables which might exist at once, due to flushing
logic>

JavaOverHeadFudgeFactor is "at least 2".

The maximum likely number of such memtables is usually roughly "3"
when considered across an assortment of columnfamilies with different
write patterns.

>  but I don't know when BinaryMemTableThroughputInMb come into account..

BinaryMemTable options are only considered when using the Binary
Memtable interface. If you don't know what that is, you're not using
it.

=Rob