cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving data
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 17:53:04 GMT
I'm afraid there is no short answer.

The long answer is,

1) Read about Cassandra data modeling at
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ArticlesAndPresentations.  It is not
as simple as "one table equals one columnfamily."
2) Write a program to read your data out of SQL Server and write it
into Cassandra, preferably with multiple threads

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra