cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ryan King <r...@twitter.com>
Subject Re: Question about insert performance in multiple node cluster
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 23:17:34 GMT
On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Flachbart, Dirk (HP Software -
TransactionVision) <dirk.flachbart@hp.com> wrote:
> Replication factor is set to 1, and I'm using ConsistencyLevel.ANY. And yep, I tried
doubling the threads from 16 to 32 when running with the second server, didn't make a difference.

> Regarding the ring balancing - I assume it should be balanced. I'm using RandomPartitioner,
and the keys are generated by simply incrementing an Integer counter value, so they should
be spread fairly evenly across the two servers (at least that is my understanding based on
the Wiki documentation).

What does nodetool cfstats say?

-ryan