cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Attila Babo <>
Subject Re: Coordinator node
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 22:58:58 GMT
There is a single point of failure for sure as there is a single proxy
in front but that pays off as the load is even between nodes. Another
plus is when a machine is out of the cluster for maintenance the proxy
handles that automatically. Originally I started it as an experiment,
there is a large number of long running clients and using a proxy was
an easy way to reduce configuration.

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:45 PM, Matthew Dennis <> wrote:
> You have a single HAProxy node in front of the cluster or you have a HAProxy
> node on each machine that is a client of Cassandra that points at all the
> nodes in the cluster?
> The former has a SPOF and bottleneck (the HAProxy instance), the latter does
> not (and is somewhat common, especially for things like Apache+PHP).

View raw message