cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: cassandra solaris x64 support
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2011 18:28:27 GMT
On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 2:52 AM, Xiaobo Gu <guxiaobo1982@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 11:54 PM, Sylvain Lebresne <sylvain@datastax.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 4:27 PM, Xiaobo Gu <guxiaobo1982@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 11:21 PM, Roland Gude <
> roland.gude@yoochoose.com>
> (or

> >> You are right, but there are other problems, but you help me make a
> >> big step, I'll dig dipper tomorrow.
> >>
> >> -bash-3.00$ /bin/bash bin/cassandra -f
> >> Error occurred during initialization of VM
> >> Could not reserve enough space for object heap
> >> -bash-3.00$
> >
> > You apparently don't have enough free memory available for the
> > default setting (1G). Uncomment and change the value of
> > MAX_HEAP_SIZE in conf/cassandra-env.sh.
> >

> >> Does the start script automatically choose the 64bit Java virtual
> >> machine, I have both 64bit and 32bit jdk installed.
> >
> > It either use $JAVA_HOME/bin/java if $JAVA_HOME is defined in
> > your environment or the value returned by `which java`.
>
> 32bit and 64bit java binaries are mixed up in one repository, there is
> a $JAVA_HOME/bin/java, and there is also a $JAVA_HOME/bin/amd64/java,
> I think the first one is 32bit and the second is 64bit, how can I
> choose the 64bit one.

Look at bin/cassandra. It's a shell script that, in particular set the
JAVA variable that is the used binary. A quick (though slightly dirty)
way to force the binary would be to hardcode the value in there.

Otherwise, if you unset the $JAVA_HOME variable and make sure the
64 bit binary is in your path (but not the 32 bit one, or "after"), that
will
work too.

--
Sylvain