cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: Question about insert performance in multiple node cluster
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 22:50:48 GMT
> Replication factor is set to 1, and I'm using ConsistencyLevel.ANY. And yep, I tried doubling
the threads from 16 to 32 when running with the second server, didn't make a difference.

Are you sure the client isn't the bottleneck? Have you tried running
the client on independent (and perhaps multiple) machines? What does
"nodetool tpstats" say while you run the test? (Try running it several
times in a row and observe how it changes.)

> Regarding the ring balancing - I assume it should be balanced. I'm using RandomPartitioner,
and the keys are generated by simply incrementing an Integer counter value, so they should
be spread fairly evenly across the two servers (at least that is my understanding based on
the Wiki documentation).

A 'nodetool compact' on all nodes (when not actively writing) followed
by 'nodetool ring' should confirm that you're balanced across the
nodes.

--
/ Peter Schuller