cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Dan Kuebrich <>
Subject Re: RandomPartitioner
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 21:20:34 GMT
You may find this part of the wiki helpful:

"If you explicitly specify an InitialToken in the configuration, the new
node will bootstrap to that position on the ring. Otherwise, it will pick a
Token that will give it half the keys from the node with the most disk space
used, that does not already have another node bootstrapping into its Range."

It is circular, and token selection (after first node) is determined by key

Sent from my iPhone