cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Vivek Mishra <vivek.mis...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: How can I implement text based searching for the data/entities/items stored in Cassandra ?
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2011 18:37:03 GMT
Absolutly, interestingly Solution based on Lucandra is integrated with Kundera..

________________________________
From: Shaun Cutts [shaun@cuttshome.net]
Sent: 12 February 2011 21:18
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: How can I implement text based searching for the data/entities/items stored in
Cassandra ?

There is/are lucandra/solandra: https://github.com/tjake/Lucandra
<https://github.com/tjake/Lucandra>
-- Shaun

On Feb 12, 2011, at 6:57 AM, Aklin_81 wrote:

I would like to text search for some of Entities/items stored in the
database through an AJAX powered application...Such that the user
starts typing and he can get the hints & suggested items. This is
implemented in SQL databases using the LIKE, is it possible to anyhow
implement this in an application powered by cassandra ?

How do I go forward to implement this feature, very much required for my case?

Would I have to consider a MySQL DB for implementing this particular
feature there, and rest in Cassandra ?

Thanks
-Asil

Impetus to Present Big Data -- Analytics Solutions and Strategies at TDWI World Conference
(Feb 13-18) in Las Vegas.We are also bringing cloud experts together at CloudCamp, Delhi on
Feb 12. CloudCamp is an unconference where early adopters of Cloud Computing technologies
exchange ideas.

Click http://www.impetus.com to know more.

or interference.