cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rustam Aliyev <rus...@code.az>
Subject Re: Explaining the Replication Factor, N and W and R
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2011 18:13:42 GMT
On 13/02/2011 13:49, Janne Jalkanen wrote:
> Folks,
>
> as it seems that wrapping the brain around the R+W>N concept is a big hurdle for a
lot of users, I made a simple web page that allows you to try out the different parameters
and see how they affect the system.

> http://www.ecyrd.com/cassandracalculator/
>
> Let me know if you have any suggestions to improve the wording, or you spot a bug. Trying
to go for simplicity and clarity over absolute correctness here, as this is meant to help
newbies.

> (App is completely self-contained HTML and Javascript.)
>
> /Janne

Excellent! How about adding Hinted Handoff enabled/disabled option?

--
Rustam