cassandra-user mailing list archives

From William R Speirs <bill.spe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Schema Design Question : Supercolumn family or just a Standard column family with columns containing serialized aggregate data?
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 15:24:16 GMT
To reiterate, so I know we're both on the same page, your schema would be
something like this:

- A column family (as you describe) to store the details of a reminder. One
reminder per row. The row key would be a TimeUUID.

- A super column family to store the reminders for each user, for each day. The
row key would be something like: YYYYMMDD:user_id. The column names would simply
be the TimeUUID of the messages. The sub column names would be the tag names of
the various reminders.

The idea is that you would then get a slice of each row for a user, for a day,
that would only contain sub column names with the tags you're looking for? Then
based upon the column names returned, you'd look-up the reminders.

That seems like a solid schema to me.

Bill-