cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Chris Burroughs <chris.burrou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: reduced cached mem; resident set size growth
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 14:22:14 GMT
On 01/28/2011 09:19 PM, Chris Burroughs wrote:
> Thanks Oleg and Zhu.  I swear that wasn't a new hotspot version when I
> checked, but that's obviously not the case.  I'll update one node to the
> latest as soon as I can and report back.

RSS over 48 hours with java 6 update 23:

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5202/u2348hours.png

I'll continue monitoring but RSS still appears to grow without bounds.
Zhu reported a similar problem with Ubuntu 10.04.  While possible, it
would seem seam extraordinary unlikely that there is a glibc or kernel
bug affecting us both.