cassandra-user mailing list archives

From <Jeremy.Truel...@barclayscapital.com>
Subject RE: Default Listen Port
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 21:10:54 GMT
Thanks for the heads up that worked.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Burroughs [mailto:chris.burroughs@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 4:04 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Cc: Truelove, Jeremy: IT (NYK)
Subject: Re: Default Listen Port

On 02/09/2011 04:00 PM, Jeremy.Truelove@barclayscapital.com wrote:
> What's the easiest way to change the port nodes listen for comm on
> from other nodes? It appears that the default is 8080 which collides
> with my tomcat server on one of our dev boxes. I tried doing
> something in cassandra.yaml like
>
> listen_address: 192.1.fake.2:7777
>
> but that doesn't work it throws an exception. Also can you not put
> the actual name of servers in the config or does it always have to be
> the actual ip address currently? Thanks.

8080 is used by jmx [1].  You can change that in cassandra-env.sh.

hostnames are allowed.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ#ports

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected
to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC,
Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays
Group.