cassandra-user mailing list archives

From <Jeremy.Truel...@barclayscapital.com>
Subject Default Listen Port
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 21:00:16 GMT
What's the easiest way to change the port nodes listen for comm on from other nodes? It appears
that the default is 8080 which collides with my tomcat server on one of our dev boxes. I tried
doing something in cassandra.yaml like

listen_address: 192.1.fake.2:7777

but that doesn't work it throws an exception. Also can you not put the actual name of servers
in the config or does it always have to be the actual ip address currently? Thanks.

jt

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected
to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC,
Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays
Group.