cassandra-user mailing list archives

From mcasandra <mohitanch...@gmail.com>
Subject Internal error processing insert
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 23:55:01 GMT

I am following example posted on
http://www.datastax.com/dev/tutorials/getting_started_0.7/using_cli#cassandra-cli
cli

I am seeing:

$ set users['jsmith']['password']='ch@ngem3';
Internal error processing insert

In the logs I see:

java.lang.AssertionError: invalid response count 1 for replication factor 0
        at
org.apache.cassandra.service.WriteResponseHandler.determineBlockFor(WriteResponseHandler.java:98)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.service.WriteResponseHandler.<init>(WriteResponseHandler.java:48)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.service.WriteResponseHandler.create(WriteResponseHandler.java:61)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.locator.AbstractReplicationStrategy.getWriteResponseHandler(AbstractReplicationStrategy.java:125)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.locator.NetworkTopologyStrategy.getWriteResponseHandler(NetworkTopologyStrategy.java:165)

--

My guess is because I am using network topology as specified in the example.
Is that correct?

What's the best way to fix the problem?