cassandra-user mailing list archives

From buddhasystem <>
Subject Re: Can serialized objects in columns serve as ersatz superCFs?
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 17:38:55 GMT

Thanks for the comment! In my case, I want to store various time slices as
indexes, so the content can be serialized as comma-separated concatenation
of unique object IDs. Example: on 20101204, multiple clouds experienced a
variety of errors in job execution. In addition, multiple users ran (or
failed) on different clouds. If I combine user id, cloud id and error code,
I can relatively easily drill for errors on a particular date. So each CF
maps to a date, and each column in it is a compound index.

Sent from the mailing list archive at

View raw message