cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Roland Gude <roland.g...@yoochoose.com>
Subject AW: cant seem to figure out secondary index definition
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 15:16:06 GMT
Yeah i know about that, but the definition i have is for a cluster that is started/stopped
from a unit test with hector embeddedServerHelper, which takes definitions from the yaml.
So i'd still like to define the index in the yaml file (it should very well be possible I
guess)

Von: Michal Augustýn [mailto:augustyn.michal@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 15. Februar 2011 15:53
An: user@cassandra.apache.org
Betreff: Re: cant seem to figure out secondary index definition

Hi,

if you download Cassandra and look into "conf/cassandra.yaml" then you can see this:

"this keyspace definition is for demonstration purposes only. Cassandra will not load these
definitions during startup. See http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ#no_keyspaces for an explanation."

So you should make all schema-related operation via Thrift/AVRO API, or you can use Cassandra
CLI.

Augi