cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Roland Gude <roland.g...@yoochoose.com>
Subject Data ends up in wrong Columnfamily
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:58:14 GMT
Hi,

i am experiencing a strange issue. I have two applications writing to Cassandra (in different
Column families in the same keyspace). The applications reside on different machines and know
nothing about the existence of each other.
The both produce data and write it in Cassandra with batch mutations using hector.
So far so good, but it regularly happens, that data from one application ends up in columnfamilies
reserved for the other application as well as the intended columnfamily.

Machine A writes to column family CF_A
Machine B writes to column families CF_B to CF_N

Regularly data that was written (According to my application logs) from Machine A to CF_A
ends up in CF_A and in one of the other columnfamilies.

Any ideas why this could be happening?

I am using Cassandra 0.7.0 and hector 0.7.0-23

Greetings,
Roland

--
YOOCHOOSE GmbH

Roland Gude
Software Engineer

Im Mediapark 8, 50670 Köln

+49 221 4544151 (Tel)
+49 221 4544159 (Fax)
+49 171 7894057 (Mobil)

Email: roland.gude@yoochoose.com
WWW: www.yoochoose.com<http://www.yoochoose.com/>

YOOCHOOSE GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Uwe Alkemper, Michael Friedmann
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Köln HRB 65275
Ust-Ident-Nr: DE 264 773 520
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln