cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "raoyixuan (Shandy)" <raoyix...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 00:59:46 GMT
It's ip address problem, whether you ip address had changed? Please confirm it and restart
the Cassandra.

-----Original Message-----
From: vikram prajapati [mailto:prajapativikram@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 12:23 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address

Gary Dusbabek <gdusbabek <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 15:44,  <mobiledreamers <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > ERROR - Exception encountered during startup.
> > java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address
> >     at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)
> >     at
> > sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:119)
> >     at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:59)
> >     at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:52)
> >     at
>
> You will see that error if <StoragePort> is being used by other system
> processes.  Try using a different port.  If you're using a unixy
> system, you can get a good idea if the port is in use from netstat:
>
> E.g. see if port 7000 is being listened on:
>
> netstat -an | grep 7000
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gary.

I am using 0.6.9 version. I am able to run it successfully on my windows
machine. On ubuntu I get Cannot assign requested address error. I checked
whether storage port (7000) and thriftport(9160) is being used by running the
command u mentioned. They are not being used. I even tried using different ports
but am getting same error. I also tried putting 0.0.0.0 in Thrift Address.