cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "raoyixuan (Shandy)" <raoyix...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: about the data directory
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 08:39:45 GMT
So you mean just the replica node 's sstable will be changed ,right?

If all the replica node broke down, whether the users can read the data?

-----Original Message-----
From: scode@scode.org [mailto:scode@scode.org] On Behalf Of Peter Schuller
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:32 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: about the data directory

> I agree with you totally. but I want to know which node is the data kept? I mean which
way to know the actual data kept?

If you're just doing testing, you might 'nodetool flush' each host and
then look for the sstable being written. Prior to a flush, it's going
to sit in a memtable in memory (and otherwise only in the commit log),
up until the configurable time period.

For real use-cases, you would normally not care which node has a
particular row, except I suppose for debugging purposes or similar. I
realize I don't know off hand of a simple way, from the perspective of
the command line, to answer that question for a particular key.

--
/ Peter Schuller