cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "raoyixuan (Shandy)" <>
Subject RE: about the data directory
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 08:27:49 GMT
I agree with you totally. but I want to know which node is the data kept? I mean which way
to know the actual data kept?

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Peter Schuller
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:20 PM
Subject: Re: about the data directory

> I have 4 nodes, then I  I create one keyspace (such as FOO) with replica factor =1 and
insert an data, why I can see the directory of /var/lib/Cassandra/data/FOO in every nodes?
As I know, I just have one replica

The schema (keyspaces and column families) are global across the
cluster (anything else would not make a lot of sense I think). The
replication factor determines the number of replicas of actual data,
based on row key. Given replication factor one, the data should only
show up on one node (assuming  a single row), but all nodes will be
aware of your keyspace/column family.

/ Peter Schuller
View raw message