cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "raoyixuan (Shandy)" <raoyix...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: about the insert data
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 06:07:30 GMT
I mean whether both the coordinate node and the replica node keep the insert data. Or just
the replica node keep the insert data. And the coordinate node just route the insert data
to the replica. Can you get me?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Ellis [mailto:jbellis@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 1:56 PM
To: user
Subject: Re: about the insert data

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 5:46 PM, raoyixuan (Shandy)
<raoyixuan@huawei.com> wrote:
> So you mean the coordinator node is just responsible for routing the request.

Right.  Of course, if the coordinator node happens to also be a
replica, it can be a little more efficient by performing that
operation directly rather than going over a socket.

> where the request will be Routed? whether the coordinator node route the request to the
first replica to insert the data?

I don't understand the question.

--
Jonathan Ellis