cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: about the hector client
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 00:05:22 GMT
That's ok.
If you want to stop it showing up, remove the schema definitions from Cassandra.yaml. Once
they are loaded into the cluster the schema is stored in system column families, so the yaml
definition is ignored.

Aaron

On 20/01/2011, at 12:50 PM, Cassy Andra <cassandralabs@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jonathan,
>
> If we make schema changes (like adding a keyspace) via the CLI, is it normal to keep
getting this warning every time we start Cassandra:

> WARN 06:10:55,488 Schema definitions were defined both locally and in cassandra.yaml.
Definitions in cassandra.yaml were ignored.

> 2011/1/18 Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com>
> Most often, you will define schema with the cli.  Programmatic schema
> definition is "advanced" in Cassandra, just as in relational
> databases.
>
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:19 PM, Jeremy Hanna
> <jeremy.hanna1234@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Definitely get involved with that google group, but some examples are found here:
> > https://github.com/zznate/hector-examples/blob/master/src/main/java/com/riptano/cassandra/hector/example/SchemaManipulation.java
> >
> > On Jan 18, 2011, at 10:17 PM, Aaron Morton wrote:
> >
> >> Try the hector user group for help on how to use the client http://groups.google.com/group/hector-users
> >>
> >> You can also create a keyspace in a cassandra cluster via the cassandra-cli
command line interface Take a look at the tools online help if you're interested.

> >> Aaron

Any use of the