cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: TSocket timing out
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2011 09:13:48 GMT
Am assuming these are client side side timeouts, you could increase the client side timeout
when the TSocket is created. Are you using a higher level library or raw Thrift?.

Alternatively you may be overloading the cluster. Are there are WARN messages in the cluster
about Dropped Messages ?

Aaron

On 30 Jan 2011, at 14:19, Courtney Robinson wrote:

> It may also be an idea to check the node's memory usage. I encountered this on a few
occasions and I simply killed
> any unneeded process that was eating away my node's memory. In each instance it worked
fine after there was about 300MB of free memory

different nodes in your cluster and the retry mechanisms is tunable as well.