cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aklin_81 <asdk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building a News-feed that comprises posts “created by user's connections” && “on the topics user is following”
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 03:28:57 GMT
I could think of one way as follows:

Initially writing to all followers about the posts from their network, by
adding a column to the rows of all followers, with name as timestamp(for
sort by time) and value using a JSON that contains two attributes:
#PostIdKey and <list of tags of this post>.
At the read time, compare <list of the tags of this post> with the topics
user is following, if they match then show the post. But this will ofcourse
increase the pressure during reads, which should better have been towards
writes.

Please suggest any better way that you could think of..

Thanks