cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Haspra <mhas...@gmail.com>
Subject java.lang.AssertionError in MessagingService.receive during heavy write.
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:20:37 GMT
Hi all,

I get the following error when I have cassandra running on 2 nodes (I don't
get it when I start only one node).

The startup on both nodes seems to be fine (e.g no error messages).
Then I set up a keyspace and insert some data on one node, that also works.

I start to insert data on both nodes with high load and after a few seconds
i get the the following log output on both nodes:

java.lang.AssertionError
    at org.apache.cassandra.net.
MessagingService.receive(MessagingService.java:392)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.net.IncomingTcpConnection.run(IncomingTcpConnection.java:84)

followed by TimedOutExceptions.

I get why I have the TimedOutExceptions but I don't know why the
AssertionError occurs.

Is that a configuration problem?

Greets