cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Roshan Dawrani <roshandawr...@gmail.com>
Subject Embedded Cassandra server startup question
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 11:46:06 GMT
Hi,

I am using Cassandra for a Grails application and in that I start the
embedded server when the Spring application context gets built.

When I run my Grails app test suite - it first runs the integration and then
functional test suite and it builds the application text individually for
each phase.

When it brings the up the embedded Cassandra server in 2nd phase (for
functional tests), it fails saying "*Attempt to assign id to existing column
family.*"

Anyone familiar with this error? Is it because both the test phases are
executed in the same JVM instance and there is some Cassandra meta-data from
phase 1 server start that is affecting the server startup in 2nd phase?

Any way I can cleanly start the server 2 times in my case? Any other
suggestion? Thanks.

--
Roshan
Blog: http://roshandawrani.wordpress.com/